dbell older app happens to consume more battery depending on the hardware type and OS in the device. dbell app and firmware has been optimized to resolve the issue.
How to use the new app:
- Clear cache from the current dbell app >>Android phone settings>dbell app>Storage>Clear Cache
- Delete current android app from your phone
2. Hard Reset
If your dbell doesn't work at all then hard reset the dbell - otherwise skip to the next step.
- Unplug dbell indoorbell/chime from wall outlet
- Make sure dbell video doorbell is connected to power
- Press and hold the dbell call button until you hear “RESET SUCCESSFUL”
- Wait 1-min for dbell to restart
If your dbell status is online meaning you can see the live video skip to the next step
- >> Connect dbell to your router by a Data cable for a short time
- >> Connect power to dbell
4. Android app download
- Download Aptoide Lite
- Install Aptoide Lite app store on your phone
- Search for dbell in the Aptoide app store. dbell LATEST app is not available at the play store
- Download and install dbell app
- Register if you are new to the app or Login if you are an existing user
- If the app doesn't auto find your dbell - "Select Network setup"
- Follow in-app instructions
5. Firmware update:
Once the app is working and you have live video stream - update dbell firmware
- Click settings - 4 square icon
- Advanced settings
- Download and install firmware
Now dbell app will not drain battery, you will get call even when your phone is in sleep mode. Please DO NOT CLOSE the app.