Wireless setup is designed for initial first time setup with first mobile device only. Once dbell setup is done with any mobile device - wireless setup won't work with other mobile device.
To use dbell with subsequent devices, use the feature Add Family. Menu > Add Family
To set up dbell, dbell must be on the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile device or tablet.
Step 1. Check the Wi-Fi network of mobile device or tablet
- Locate and tap Settings > Wi-Fi.
- The Wi-Fi network labeled "Connected" is the network your mobile device is connected to. This needs to match the network that the device is connected to.
- To change the network,
- Tap a new network SSID name > enter password >Select Connect.
Step 2. Check the connected network of dbell
If dbell is on a different network or different VLAN, wireless setup or Network search - nothing will work. For example, if your mobile device IP address is 192.168.2.xx and dbell IP address is 192.168.1.xx - dbell will not be visible to the mobile app search result or wireless network setup.
Besides being on the same network, please check the following:
- Verify smartphone is connected to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Network for setup. If your modbile device is connected to a 5GHz SSID, setup won't work
- dbell and your mobile device is within 1m or 3′ ft of distance. dbell HDx2 and HD Live uses acoustic configuration for wireless setup.
- Verify Wi-Fi password is correct, 95% of the calls we receive is due to incorrect WiFi password
If you are using wifi signal booster, please check few other things:
- Your booster is connected to the router
- Your mobile device is connected to the booster
- Your booster has 2.4GHz frequency enabled
- Your mobile device is not connected to the Bluetooth while doing the setup
- Your mobile device is not being used for a phone call or playing music while doing the setup
- If your dbell was working before – reset must be done before performing wireless setup.
- If your network has VLAN or multiple access point – it is recommended you use Ethernet to do the setup