If you forgot your user name or password you will see the error message, "User name or password error"
How to fix user name or password error?
- Email us dbell ID to reset password
- Hardware Reset dbell
1. Email us Device ID to reset password
- Open dbell app
- Click Menu
- Click Edit
- Click 3 lines
- Note the dbell ID to send to us.
2. Hardware Reset dbell HD Live and HDx2
- Unplug dbell indoorbell/chime from the wall outlet
- Make sure dbell video doorbell is connected to power
- Press and hold the dbell video doorbell call button until you hear “RESET SUCCESSFUL”
- Wait 1-min for dbell to restart
- Redo dbell app setup
NOTE: - It may take from 90 secs to 330 seconds depending on the firmware of dbell. We recommend running a stopwatch to know how long you are pressing call button. This method works 99.9% time - so if it doesn't work for you first-time, please retry and make sure you hold it steadily.
Hold the button until you hear RESET SUCCESSFUL audio from the dbell unit.
- All the settings of dbell will reset to factory defaults.
- Setup dbell like as if you are doing a new dbell setup.
- If you are connected via Data cable -> Scan Network and follow on-screen instructions
- To do wireless setup -> go near the dbell, select Wireless setup and follow on-screen instructions
If Reset fail, follow the - Reset fail recovery process shown below.
Reset fail recovery process:
If dbell doesn't say "Reset successful" after 5.5 minutes holding the button, most likely cause is SD card is corrupted.
If your dbell stops working or you can't connect to it anymore even with the Data cable connected, you can resolve it by removing the SD card:
- Look at the back of the dbell for SD card underneath the white connector showing arrows. Push the arrow as shown. Push the SD card to release.
- Remove SD card - see how to remove SD card here
- Power cycle dbell - wait 1 min. to hear 'Welcome'
- Now retry to reset dbell. If everything works well - insert SD card and format.
- If format shows error or dbell won't start again - replace SD card with class-10 type.
- Login and setup dbell with the app