Reset dbell HD live and HDx2 video doorbell
If you forgot the password, replaced your router, added a new Wi-Fi access point, dbell goes offline, always shows connection timeout or for any other reason if you need to RESET dbell to factory default, follow one of the method depending on if your dbell status is online or offline
1. Hardware Reset dbell HD Live and HDX2:
- Unplug dbell indoorbell/chime from wall outlet
- Make sure dbell video doorbell is connected to power
- Press and hold the dbell video doorbell call button until you hear “RESET SUCCESSFUL”
- Wait 1-min for dbell to restart
- Redo dbell app setup
NOTE: - It may take from 90 secs to 330 seconds depending on the firmware version inside dbell. We recommend running a stopwatch to know how long you are holding. This method works 99.9% time - so if it doesn't work for you first-time, please try again and make sure you hold it steadily.
If Reset fail, follow the - Reset fail recovery process.
- All the settings of dbell will be set to factory defaults.
- Setup dbell like as if you are doing a new dbell setup.
- If you are connected via Ethernet cable -> Scan Network and follow on-screen instructions
2: Software Reset dbell from app: (when dbell status is online)
For new dbell app
- Open dbell app
- When device is online (Blue DOT before the dbell name) >>Click Settings
- Go to Advanced settings >> Click “Reset dbell”
- Wait until dbell says ‘Welcome’
- Click Add dbell and select as First-time New dbell setup
- Follow in app instructions
- Login to dbell from your browser
- Click Settings
- Select User & Device Manager
- Restore Factory Settings
Email for further support or Submit a Ticket
Article is closed for comments.