We design, engineer and manufacture video doorbell camera, Wi-Fi extender, Security camera, Wireless doorbell and Wireless Relay. A video doorbell is a complex network of items that typically involve video, audio, networking, motion detection, streaming, recording, and interconnecting to other systems. We released five versions of video doorbell camera since 2013.
Our video doorbell camera history at a glance:
- 1st Generation video doorbell SD was released by dbell in 2014.
- 2nd Gen video doorbell HD was released by dbell in 2015
- 3rd Gen video doorbell HD+ live released by dbell in 2016
- 4th Gen video doorbell HD live was released by dbell in 2017
- 5th Gen video doorbell HDx2 was released by dbell in 2018
- 6th Gen video doorbell x3 was ready for release. But because of COVID-19 the planned release of 6th generation video doorbell in 2019 was postponed. Later it was postponed indefinitely due to chip shortages.
- 6th Gen video doorbell camera is x4 is on the works for a future release.
|1st Generation video doorbell SD||Jan 2014|
|2nd Gen video doorbell HD||Jan 2015|
|3rd Gen video doorbell HD+||March 2016|
|4th Gen video doorbell HD live||April 2017|
|5th Gen video doorbell HDx2||April 2018|
|1st Gen wireless Relay||Jan 2019|
|1st Gen Pan Tilt Zoom Security Camera||April 2019|
|6th Gen video doorbell is x4||2023|
How video doorbell works
- A user installs the video doorbell at the door.
- Once the device is installed, user needs to connect the device to their network.
- To connect the device to their network user needs to install the mobile app on their phone/tablet.
- Once the connection to the network is complete, the device is ready to use.
- To monitor the door area, all a user has to do is open the smartphone app and look at live stream video.
- To answer the call, accept the incoming call just like a regular phone call.
Visitors push the video doorbell Call button to initiate a video call with the device owner. Device owners can answer the call using a smartphone app and talk to the visitors.
What are the use cases?
- Video doorbell enables device owner to view live video stream anytime from anywhere using the mobile app.
- Doorbell camera allows device owners to answer a visitor’s call and talk to the visitor using the smartphone app.
- Recording of live video stream to local Network devices like NAS drive or NVR.
- Cloud recordings or upload recorded video stream to servers.
- User can access/modify the device settings via Web browser.
- Video doorbell camera allows viewing live stream video from Local Network using a major Web browsers, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.