1. Place the rear mounting bracket against the wall with the old doorbell wire protruding through the large middle hole. Mark 4 mounting screw holes with a pen or a sharp punch tool. (If mounting on a masonry wall, use a masonry drill bit to predrill and install anchor plugs that have been supplied.)
2. Use the screws to fasten the rear bracket to the wall.
3. Connect the wires to the dbell as shown in the wiring diagram.
4. Screw the small locking screw enough to engage into the bottom of the dbell.
5. Insert the dbell into the bracket on the wall.
6. Tighten the bottom locking screw the remaining distance to secure the dbell in place.