- To use the camera with Wi-Fi connect camera for a short-term to a Network by data cable
- or Scan Network to configure the camera connected to the Network by Data cable
Step-2. Power-up dbell camera
If you are going to use the camera with Wi-Fi
► Power-up the camera with a 12V DC 1A power adapter (not supplied, sold separately)
► Configure camera before mounting
If you are going to use the camera with Data wire
► Mount the camera before configuring
► Power-up the camera with a PoE switch or injector compliant with IEEE 802.3af/at
After powering up, camera will start self-calibration. Camera will be ready for app setup in 2 min.
Note: If you are supplying power prior to installation - place the camera in a steady place so that it can rotate free of obstruction for self-calibration. If you place the camera lens touching any surface while powering up - it will damage the lens cover, it may fall and break or damage the camera.
Step-3. Download and install the dbell app
Click the App store logo above to download the dbell app or search for "dbell" in the app store
Open the dbell app
- New user? Register Now. Returning user? Sign In
- If dbell is connected to the Network, app will find your dbell camera on the Network, otherwise
- Select Add camera
- Select Yes, Scan Network
- Follow in-app instructions
Why not to use fake email address for registration:
- Your email will be used in case you need to reset your password
- Your email will be used to send invite to your family members
- Your email will be used to create FTP account and to associate email settings
- Your email address will be used for faster tech support
Registration password = dbell camera password (sent to dbell at the time of setup)
Registration user name (not email) = dbell camera user name
- To use camera using Wi-Fi disconnect Ethernet cable from the camera upon setup completion.
If the Wifi password was entered correctly, camera status will be online within 1 minute of disconnecting Ethernet cable. If camera doesn't become online within 1 minute, see troubleshooting tips here
Need help with dbell camera installation? Find here
Congratulations - you have successfully completed camera setup !