Easiest way to check your Wi-Fi signal strength using a 3rd party tools which is freely available for Android® devices.
- Download the free Wifi signal analyzer app
- Install the app
- Go outside where your dbell is installed, close the door behind you
- Open the Wifi analyzer app
- Click "Tap here to select..."
- Select your Wifi name
- Get the reading. If your reading is between -40dBm to -50dBm -> you have excellent signal
- If your reading is between -51dBm to -60dBm -> you have good signal strength
- If your reading is between -59dBm to -85dBm -> you have poor signal - browsing from phone may work but live streaming won't work below -70dBm. -60 to -70dBm you may have it working occasionally but it will be very dissatisfying.
You may use other 3rd party Wi-Fi signal analyzer for iOS® devices.
Alternatively, you can check it from dbell app too.
- Open dbell app
- Look at the home screen Wifi signal strength Select Setup
- Go to Manage wireless networks
- Find your wifi network name and see the signal strength
Your Wi-Fi SSID name will be shown along with the signal strength. If your signal strength is below 50% please consider adding a Wi-Fi Extender or WAP (Wireless Access Point). dbell works best with signal strength above 50%
Your Wi-Fi signal strength and your Upload / Download speed are different parameters. You can have highest upload/download speed but if your Wi-Fi signal strength is weak, meaning router cannot simply broadcast a good signal from one end to the other or up to the dbell location which is outside your home, it’s probably a good idea to consider employing Wi-Fi extender.