Problem: dbell is offline, keep showing connecting
- In-sufficient Power: dbell will go offline if supplied power is insufficient.
- Interrupted power: Old indoorbell/chime's Trans and Front is not joined together. Noticeable Symptoms, dbell keeps re-starting, announcing Welcome repeatedly.
- Weak Wi-Fi signal or Network issues: dbell will go offline if Wi-Fi signal strength is weak or below 50%.
- Corrupted microSD card: If mcroSD card is corrupted dbell may go into offline state
- Incorrect password: If you enter incorrect password, dbell will go offline
- New Router: If your router has been replaced but dbell hasn't been configured with new router, dbell will go offline.
1. In-sufficient Power
dbell requires 10 to 24V AC, 0.5A AC or 5V 2A DC power supply. Recommended power supply is wired doorbell transformer rated 16V-10VA. If measured voltage is 16V to 24V AC, supplied power is sufficient.
2. Interrupted power: Old indoorbell/chime's Trans and Front is not joined together.
3. Wi-Fi signal strength is weak or Network issues
- Wi-Fi signal strength is weak, -70dBm. Ideal signal strength is between 40dBm to 60dBm
- Wi-Fi band has been changed or 2.4GHz band has been turned off,
- Router has been relocated,
- Router band is only 5GHz
- Your router has been changed/replaced,
- Wi-Fi password has been changed,
- dbell is connected to Wi-Fi extender but Wi-Fi extender is not connected to Router,
- MAC filter has been enabled but dbell MAC address is not added as safe device etc.
Wi-Fi signal strength:
The performance of a Wi-Fi wireless network connection depends greatly on radio signal strength. Distance between the wireless access point or Router and dbell, the signal strength in each direction determines the data rate available on that link, not the download/upload speed you have.
Wi-Fi signal strength and your upload/download speed are completely two different parameters. You can have highest upload/download speed but if your Wi-Fi signal strength is weak, meaning router or WAP cannot simply broadcast a good WiFi signal, it’s probably a good idea to consider employing Wi-Fi extender.
WiFi signal is usually measured in dBm. A signal between -40dBm to -60dBm is OK, and -70dBm is poor.
How to check Wi-Fi signal strength:
Any mobile device that is internet capable can show you the strength of the Wi-Fi network in range. If you have an Android phone or tablet you may use Wi-Fi analyzer to check your Wi-Fi signal strength
We recommend a signal strength between -40dBm to -60dBm
4. Corrupted microSD card
5. Incorrect password
6. New Router