Problem: I setup dbell inside my home and it works fine. When I install outside, it goes offline!
- In-sufficient Power: dbell will go offline with insufficient power. Noticeable Symptoms, dbell restarts repeatedly. The dbell will work for 1 minute then restarts or keeps saying Welcome
- Weak Wi-Fi signal: dbell will go offline if Wi-Fi signal strength is weak -70dBm to -100dBm.
- Corrupted microSD card: Corrupted SD card will cause dbell to go into offline state
- Power surge: After power surge dbell went offline
- Incorrect password: Entering incorrect Wi-Fi password, user name or dbell password
- New Router: If your router has been replaced but dbell hasn't been connected with new router, dbell will go offline.
- Phone change
Suggested corrective action:
1. In-sufficient Power
dbell requires wired doorbell transformer rated 16V 10VA.
2. Network issues or Wi-Fi signal strength is weak
- Wi-Fi signal strength is weak(-70dBm to -100dBm). Ideal signal strength is -40dBm to -55dBm
- Your router has been changed/replaced,
- Wi-Fi password has been changed,
- No SSID available for 2.4GHz band,
- SSID for both 2.4G and 5G is same name
- Router has been relocated,
- dbell is connected to Wi-Fi extender but Wi-Fi extender is not connected to Router,
- MAC filter has been enabled but dbell MAC address is not added as safe device etc
Wi-Fi signal strength:
The performance of a Wi-Fi wireless network connection depends greatly on radio signal strength. Distance between the wireless access point or Router and dbell, the signal strength in each direction determines the data rate available on that link, not the download/upload speed you have.
Wi-Fi signal strength and your upload/download speed are completely two different parameters. You can have highest upload/download speed but if your Wi-Fi signal strength is weak, meaning router or WAP cannot simply broadcast a good WiFi signal, it’s probably a good idea to consider employing Wi-Fi extender.
WiFi signal is usually measured in dBm. A signal between -40dBm to -55dBm is good for live video streaming from dbell, and -70dBm to -100dBm is poor.
How to check Wi-Fi signal strength:
Any mobile device that is internet capable can show you the strength of the Wi-Fi network in range. If you have an Android phone or tablet you may use Wi-Fi analyzer to check your Wi-Fi signal strength
We recommend a signal strength between -40dBm to -55dBm