If you change the router, dbell will stop working until you sync dbell with the new router.
If your dbell is connected via Data cable, it will work with new router. If you encounter any issues, restart dbell device.
Follow the simple steps below to reconnect dbell with your new routers Wifi:
- Option-1: Connect dbell to the new router temporarily by a Data cable
- Option-2: Hard Reset dbell to connect with the new router
Option-1: Connect dbell to the new router temporarily by a Data cable
- Connect dbell to your router by a Data cable for a short time
- Power-up dbell
- Open your dbell app
- Wait few seconds for the dbell to be online - Blue Dot before the dbell name means dbell is Online. If you see yellow Dot or red Dot dbell is not Online, no settings will work.
- Go to >> Settings - 4 square icon
- Click Manage Wireless Networks
- From the list of Wifi networks - Select your New router Wifi SSID name
- Enter New Wifi password
- Click "Connect to WiFi"
- Wait for dbell to restart
- Once dbell is online(Blue Dot) disconnect Data cable. dbell will go disconnect then go Online.
- If your Wifi password was incorrect - dbell will not work - retry the steps from start.
Option-2: Hard Reset dbell
- Unplug dbell indoorbell/chime from wall outlet
- Make sure dbell video doorbell is connected to power
- Press and hold the dbell call button until you hear “RESET SUCCESSFUL”
- Wait 1-min for dbell to restart
- Redo setup dbell with app
NOTE: - It may take from 90 secs to 330 seconds depending on the firmware version inside dbell. We recommend running a stopwatch to make sure you know how long you are holding. This method works 99.9% time - so if it doesn't work for you first-time, please try again and make sure you hold it steadily. It works.
- All the settings of dbell will reset to the factory defaults.
- You need to delete the dbell from the app >> Menu>Edit>X (delete)
- Redo the setup as if you are doing a new dbell setup.
- If you are connected via Ethernet cable -> Scan Network and follow on-screen instructions
- To do wireless setup -> go near the dbell, select Wireless setup and follow on-screen instructions
If Reset fail, follow the - Reset fail recovery process shown below.
Reset fail recovery process:
If dbell doesn't say "Reset successful" after 5.5 minutes holding the button, most likely cause is SD card is corrupted.
If your dbell stops working or you can't connect to it anymore even with the Data cable connected, you can resolve it by removing the SD card:
- Look at the back of the dbell for SD card underneath the white connector showing arrows. Push the arrow as shown. Push the SD card to release.
- Remove SD card - see how to remove SD card here
- Power cycle dbell - wait 1 min. to hear 'Welcome'
- Now retry to reset dbell. If everything works well - insert SD card and format.
- If format shows error or dbell won't start again - replace SD card with class-10 type.
- Login and setup dbell with the app