If you are going to upgrade or change the router, but keeping the same SSID and password, dbell will work with the new router without having to redo the setup.
If you are changing the Wi-Fi name or password, please follow the simple steps below:
- Option-1: Connect dbell to your new router via Ethernet cable to sync with new Wi-Fi
- Option-2: Reset dbell and reconnect to your account
Option-1: Connect dbell to your new router via Ethernet cable to sync with new Wi-Fi
- Power-up dbell
- Open your dbell app. Login to your account.
- When dbell is online go to >> Setup
- Manage Wireless Networks
- Select New Network Wi-Fi name
- Enter Wi-Fi password
- Wait for dbell to restart
- Once dbell is online disconnect Ethernet cable. dbell will go disconnect/Offline/Online.
2. Option-2: Reset dbell and reconnect to your account
- Reset dbell
- Login to your account.
- Press 'Add dbell'
- Follow the inapp instructions
1. How to Reset dbell:
You can reset dbell in 3 different ways:
- Reset dbell HD live/HDX2 from app: (when dbell is online)
- Hard Reset dbell HD Live/HDX2: (when dbell is offline)
- Connect dbell to router with an Ethernet cable, power-up and Call Tech support to reset
1. Reset dbell HD live/HDX2 from app: (when dbell is online)
- Open dbell HD live app
- When device is online >>Go to Setup >>Tap “Reset dbell”
2. Hard Reset dbell HD Live/HDX2: (when dbell is offline)
- Unplug indoor bell from power outlet
- Press and hold the call button until you hear “RESET SUCCESSFUL”, time varies with firmware ver. Use the stop watch on your smartphone to keep track of time. It could be 90 seconds to 333 seconds.
- Once reset is successful, dbell will reboot. Wait until the booting process is compete (approx. 55 seconds)
3. Call Tech support to reset dbell
- Connect dbell to router with an Ethernet cable
- power-up dbell
- Call Tech support to reset, (800) 944 8218 or 1 (905) 582 8755. (9am – 9pm EST)