For permanent install Power up dbell HD Live & HDx2 doorbell in two different ways:
- You can provide power from pre-existing doorbell. Make sure preexisting doorbell
Transformer rating is 16V 10VA.
A transformer with a higher VA rating or lower VA rating will not work. e.g., 40VA/30VA/20VA/8VA can't be used. It must be 10VA.
- or provide power using a 5VDC, 2A adapter - only works for short distance, max. 2m.
Warning! Turn off power at fuse or breaker before work
- Remove current doorbell push button and disconnect wires
- Insert 2 disconnected wires from doorbell into the dbell connectors. Pull them lightly to test they are securely connected.
- Locate pre-existing doorbell.
- Open the pre-existing doorbell's cover by gently pulling outward.
- Disconnect cable from the terminal labelled "T" (Trans) and "F" (Front)
- Join Trans & Front together with wire nuts. Pre-existing bell won't work anymore to provide sufficient power to dbell
- Turn on power at the Fuse or Breaker panel
- It will take approx. 1 min. for dbell to start operating.
Remove current doorbell push button and disconnect cables
Make sure that your doorbell wiring is “low voltage”, if you are not sure, test with a meter or call an electrician
Insert the 2 low voltage wires into the 2 connectors.
Don’t worry about which wire goes to which connector.
- Press the dbell call button.
- The plugin doorbell rings and your phone announces a visitor.
- A live stream from the camera is displayed on your phone. You can talk and listen to the caller from your phone.
- If you have Android TV or amazon fireTV stick - you can view the visitor on your large screen TV too.
Congratulations - you have successfully completed wireless setup!